Yakima Parks & Recreation
Franklin Park Summer Sunset Concert Series
Friday Evenings * 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Bring your picnic dinner and a blanket or lawn chair. Come relax and listen to great music in a beautiful park.
- July 9 DieBruder Classic Rock
- July 16 Star Anna Alt-Country
- July 23 Jayleigh Ann & The Lost Boys Eclectic blend of Acoustic, Alternative Rock, Pop, Folk & R&B
- July 30 The Talbott Brothers Folk Rock
- August 6 Bodies on the Beach Indie Rock
- August 13 Massy Ferguson Americana
Outdoor Summer Cinema Series
There’s nothing better than watching a good movie with family and friends outside under the stars – for FREE! Watch almost new releases and time-tested favorites and get away from it all in beautiful Chesterley Park. Sit up close on blankets or further back in lawn chairs. Bring the whole family. Just come and enjoy.
Movies begin at sunset (Sunday’s * about 8:30 p.m.)
- July 11 Matilda (PG)
- July 18 Coco (PG)
- July 25 Dolittle (PG)
- August 1 Playing with Fire (PG-13)
- August 8 Avengers Endgame (PG)
- August 15 Frozen (PG)
Viva La Musica Concert Series
This year the concerts will be held at both Miller Park and Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.
Sunday Evenings * 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
From July 11-August 15 and a special concert on September 12, you can enjoy 7 fun-filled, free family-friendly concerts at Miller Park and Martin Luther King Park, to help quench the thirst for music with some of the Valley’s best sound representation of America’s Latino music culture.
- Miller Park * N. 4th Street & East “E” Street
- July 11 Cruzados Musical
- July 18 Los de Alla
- July 25 Destinados
Martin Luther King, Jr. Park * S 8th Street and East Beech
- August 1 Los Nuevos Sierreños
- August 8 Banda Reyna del Sur
- August 15 Los Nuevos Principes de la Banda
Viva la Musica Finale – Miller Park, September 12 * 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m. Mariachi Barajas
- 5:00 p.m. Rafaga de Tierra Caliente
- 6:00 p.m. Mariachi Barajas