40% of Americans Re-Gift
A new study revealed that 4 in 10 Americans re-gift at the holidays ... and get away with it.
Lengthy gift lists and money constraints are sited as the most common reasons for the rise in the re-gifting trend. The most popular recipients of the re-gift are:
- Co-workers: A whopping 20% of people surveyed re-gift to work friends.
- Service providers: Cleaning people, mail persons, dog walkers, etc. come in a close second at 18%.
- Church friends: 13% of re-gifting is happening at places of worship.
- Neighbors: Don't stress over what you buy your neighbors – you've got a 12% chance of getting an old gift from them.
- Teachers: 9% of study participants aren't putting much thought into what their child's teacher gets.