Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday at 2:00 A.M. Which means we lose an hour of sleep Saturday night. Here are five tips to help you deal with the transition . . .
1. Cut out caffeine. Don’t have any caffeine at least six hours before bed this weekend. It’s a good rule of thumb in general, but especially important right now.
2. No alcohol either. Even just one drink can disturb your sleep. So maybe skip the alcohol tomorrow night.
3. Eat light. Don’t eat a meal two or three hours before you plan to go to bed. It can interfere with the quality of your sleep.
4. Make your bed a place you want to sleep in. Meaning, fresh clean sheets . . . and no phones or tablets.
5. Go to bed earlier. To minimize the impact of the time change, make a few gradual adjustments rather than one big one.
Go to bed 15 to 30 minutes earlier than usual TONIGHT, and again tomorrow. You should be fully adjusted by Monday.